March 16, 2021
FILE | UK red list countries: Countries which are banned from entering the UK (Image: EXPRESS.CO.UK)
If you have been in or through any of the countries listed below in the previous 10 days, you will be refused entry to the UK.
If you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK, you will be able to enter. You must quarantine in a government approved hotel for 10 days.
- Cape Verde
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Ethiopia (will be added to the list 4am Friday 19 March)
- French Guiana
- Mauritius (will be removed from the list 4am Friday 19 March)
- Oman (will be added to the list 4am Friday 19 March)
- Portugal (including Madeira and the Azores) (will be removed from the list 4am Friday 19 March)
- Qatar (will be added to the list 4am Friday 19 March)
- Somalia (will be added to the list 4am Friday 19 March)
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Some people are exempt from the red list restrictions because of the work they are doing.
Find out about which jobs are exempt and the conditions that apply.
Source: Gov. UK | Last updated: March 15, 2021