17-year-old boy stabbed to death outside west London flats

 

March 24, 2019

 


Police activity outside a block of flats on Union Lane, Isleworth, after a teenager was found fatally stabbed on Friday. CREDIT: AINE FOX/PA

 


By Patrick Sawer, Senior News Reporter

 

Britain’s knife crime surge claimed another victim when a 17-year-old was stabbed to death outside a block of flats in west London.

Police arrived just after 10.30pm on Friday after reports that a teenager had been stabbed following an attack near a block of flats in Isleworth.

Paramedics battled in vain to save the teenager, who was pronounced dead at the scene, a short walk from Syon House, the family home of the Duke of Northumberland.

A murder investigation has been launched and no arrests have yet been made.

Neighbours have spoken of their horror at the scene that confronted them moments after the youth was attacked and left dying in the street.

One couple said they heard shouting and looked out of their flat to see the teenager being assaulted by two people.

The pair, neither of whom wished to be named, said one of the attackers had his face covered.

The husband, a 33-year-old engineer, said: “It was one guy who was massive with, like, a mask on his face and another small guy. They were kicking him (the victim), but it was dark so it was hard to see exactly what was happening.”

By the time the couple went downstairs to the scene they said the two attackers had left.

His wife, 35, added: “The boy was bleeding from the mouth. The blood was everywhere. He was still alive, there was someone else there trying to help by checking his pulse. He was responding but he couldn’t speak.”

Halima Abubaker, a 22-year-old hairdresser, said she saw two men “running for their lives” around the time of the incident.

She said: “I just heard loads of people, then there was seven police cars and two vans. I’ve lived here two years and nothing like this has happened. I feel really sick.”

A restaurant owner and chef who has lived in the flats for seven years, said: “It’s a nice area, it’s nice and quiet. We’ve never had a problem here before.”

The killing comes after a string of fatal stabbings around the country in recent weeks, with 24 teenagers murdered in London last year.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan tweeted: “This is an appalling, senseless act of violence. The family and friends of this young man are in my thoughts at this awful time.”

Detective Chief Inspector Richard Leonard, who is leading the murder inquiry, said: “Our enquiries have established that the victim was in Syon Park close to the flats with a group of other people.

“A vehicle has pulled up and a group of males have got out. They have chased the victim and attacked him in Union Lane.

“I need to speak to anyone who was in the park or the surrounding area at around 10:30pm last night and who has information that could assist this investigation to get in contact immediately.”

Officers said next of kin have been informed and they retain an open mind to the motive.

Scotland Yard has urged anyone with information to contact officers on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Published Date: March 23, 2019

Leave a Reply